Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of Communications
Manager for PPAG. The Communications Manager will report to the Head of Centre of
Excellence and Youth Programmes as well as liaise with the Advocacy Coordinator/Manager.
The Communications Manager will supervise the Content Editor in the performance of
his/her functions and also provide technical support and guidance to various staff performing
communications roles including, Brands/Project Officers and Youth Volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and lead implementation of PPAGs communication plan and strategy in order
to improve the organizations visibility and increase brand awareness.
• Lead the design, review and implementation of PPAGs Communications system
including with external and internal partners and stakeholders
• Develop/Coordinate and edit communication materials such as newsletters, blogs, press
releases and similar marketing materials in order to promote PPAGs programmes and
• Manage PPAGs Website and digital communications and platforms and ensure they are
up to date with the Associations activities
• Work with Centre of Excellence Manager and Team to development Knowledge Hub
Documentation tools and content
• Support the development communications plan for youth programme initiatives and
projects (YAM, Young & Wise, Sista’s, Girl Boss, Yenkasa, etc.)
• Incorporate Public Release, Digital and Traditional Communications/Marketing efforts
into PPAGs work.
• Measure and analyse current communications efforts.
• Oversee and allocate the annual communications budget and ensure its use is fully
• Work with different departments and programmes leads to generate new ideas and
innovative strategies to drive the organizations communication and brands promotions.
• Provide guidance and technical expertise for change management communications.
• Develop and manage relationships with key media players to secure and grow traditional
media and online media presence/coverage.
• Write press releases for local, national and international media.
• Monitor press releases that relate to company’s brand
• Amplify opportunities for positive Public Release.
• Drive employees’ share of voice through proper corporate communications.
• Ensure communications consistency among different programmes and stakeholders.
• Develop, plan, implement and monitor the company’s internal communication strategy.
• Communicate brand values to both internal and external customers and stakeholders.
• Prepare detailed quarterly media activity reports.
• Use communications technology to boost productivity.
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by Management
Minimum required qualification and skills:
• At least 5 years of experience working in a similar role.• Bachelor’s degree in development communications, journalism, public relations,
economics or other relevant field.
• A Master’s Degree in Development Communications is an advantage
• Proven strong presentation and communication skills.
• Knowledge and understanding of communications practices, tools and techniques
including for online and social media.
• Highly developed project and time management skills
• Other professional trainings in various communications disciplines (public relations,
brand communication, advertisement, digital communications, etc.) required
• Membership of professional communications bodies an advantage
• Proactivity, self-motivation and the ability to meet deadlines
• Creativity in developing relevant content
• Media engagement and relations skills
• Graphic design skills/experience is an added advantage
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters
with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees and cell phone numbers to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be shortlisted for an interview.
Closing Date: 21st July, 2021
|Job Category||Non-Executive Position|