The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education and services, hereby invites result-oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant position to be filled in the Association.
POSITION: LABORATORY TECHNICIAN
REPORT TO: FACILITY HEAD
LOCATION: ACCRA CLINIC
|Job Role and Functions:||· To provide effective and quality service to clients|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure effective and efficient provision of laboratory services
- Ensure that clients and providers rights are adhered to
- Take samples of clients, conduct the laboratory test and provide the result to the Physician Assistant or Officer-in Charge for efficient service delivery
- Keep proper inventory of laboratory equipment
- Keep the laboratory room clean and tidy
- Assist in monitoring and supervising clinic activities
- Assist in ensuring that clinical standards are adhered to
- Prepares Annual Work plan and Performance Appraisal
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- HND/Diploma in Laboratory Technician or any other higher related field with a minimum of three (3) years relevant working experience, 2 years of which must be in a similar position.
OTHER QUALITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Very good interpersonal relationship and communication skills
- Must be honest, transparent and reliable
- Must be friendly and accommodative
- High sense of responsibility, humor, and reliable to take initiatives
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work for long hours and under pressure
- Must be able to work with little supervision
- A good working knowledge in the use of the computer
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), including two referees and cell phone numbers to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be shortlisted for an interview.
Closing Date: 30th June, 2020.
NB: Any PPAG Volunteer who is interested in the position above must attach evidence of resignation to the application.
|Job Category||Non-Executive Position|