The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) information and services, hereby invites result – oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant position to be filled in the Association.
POSITION: PROJECT COORDINATOR
REPORT TO: SERVICE DELIVERING MANAGER/ YOUTH PROGRAMMES MANAGER
National Youth Council, Regional Population Committees, GHS,NGOs, GES
To coordinate and ensure the successful implementation of projects and activities at the project sites.
▪ Plan, monitor and coordinate activities and projects at the project site
▪ Supervise Youth Facilitators and Peer Educators for effective and efficient project implementation.
▪ Support, monitor and supervise YAM and YAB activities
▪ provide technical assistance and support to specific projects in the Association
▪ Manage project funds and commodities to support project planning, implementation and evaluation
▪ Organize effective and efficient outreach services and ensure timely submission of quality reports
▪ Document all project activities, lessons learnt, best practices for compilation of all reports (Programme and Financial) Monthly, Quarterly, Half Year and Annual
▪ Initiate the development of innovative programmes and projects for proposal writing
▪ Coordinate the activities of specific donor projects in the Association
▪ Responsible for the management of staff performance working in the facility
▪ Ensure effective financial administration within the programme year according to the provisions in the APB and ensure that resources are available for activity implementation
▪ Ensure collaboration between health-related NGO’s and initiates fund raising activities for sustainability.
▪ Ensure preparation and timely submission of financial and programme reports to the Head Office
▪ Advocate support for programmes from opinion leaders and projects teams for effective implementation
▪ Ensure the security of fixed assets of the Association Facilitates partnerships and collaboration in project communities
▪ Ensure efficient use of project resources
▪ Collate, analyze and prepare project reports
▪ Ensures that quality services are carried out to the satisfaction of the clients
▪ Assist volunteers to provide counseling services where and when necessary
▪ Provide technical support and training to volunteers who require additional guidance
▪ prepare monthly forecasts for the specific period
▪ Collate and analyses service statistics including contraceptive tracking for the period
▪ Ensure the formation of volunteer branches in the area and build the capacities of both staff and volunteers to play their roles
▪ Develop and market project proposals for the Association and be responsible for marketing PPAG within the catchment area
▪ Represent management at the facility level
▪ Prepare Annual Work Plan and Performance Appraisal
▪ Performs other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor/SMT
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
Have a first degree in the Sciences, Social Sciences/Psychology, Nursing with a minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience in a similar position.
OTHER QUALITIES AND REQUIREMENTS: ▪ Have a good and strong knowledge in the current Reproductive and Sexual Health and its related issues ▪ Be highly skilled in the use of the computer ▪ Strong interpersonal and communication skills ▪ Ability to manage staff ▪ Experience of working with the youth will be an advantage ▪ Have a high sense of responsibility, accuracy and judgmental ▪ Ability to work independently with little or no supervision ▪ Have the ability to work under pressure and for long hours ▪ Must be a team player and be able to take initiatives
▪ Must be Youth Friendly
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), in a single file including two referees and cell phone numbers to:email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
Closing Date:30th November, 2020.
|Job Category||Non-Executive Position|