The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) information and services, hereby invites result – oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant position to be filled in the Association.
POSITION: YOUTH ACTION MOVEMENT (YAM) COORDINATOR
LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE, ACCRA
REPORT TO: DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMMES
To oversee and coordinate all functions of the Youth Action Movement and ensure timely preparation and submission of YAM reports.
The person will carry out the following duties in close cooperation with the YAM president and other partners.
• Oversee and coordinate all the functions of the Youth Action Movement, and ensure timely preparation and submission of YAM documents and reports.
• Communicate effectively with Youth Action Movement members in all the branches and keep them informed about national programmes.
• Network with other youth organizations and partners who are important to the objectives of the Youth Action Movement.
• Mobilize Resource from various organizations for YAM activities.
• Prepare YAM annual Programme, annual report and budget.
• Implement, monitor and evaluate YAM national activities.
• Effectively organize YAM national congress.
• Co-ordinate YAM national training programmes.
• Identify possible areas of collaboration and networking with partners.
• Promote the advancement of the Associations mission and objectives
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A first degree in the sciences, Social Sciences/Psychology OR HND with leadership experience whilst in school.
THE PERSON MUST:
• Have a good knowledge in the use of computer
• Have strong presentation, communication and report writing skills.
• Have a high sense of responsibility, accuracy and an eye for details.
• Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
• Have the ability to work under pressure and for long hours
• Be a team player and be able to take initiatives.
• Have an excellent interpersonal and human relations
• Be youth friendly, comfortable and experience of working with the youth, and very accommodating
• Ability to travel at short notice.
• Must be a good listener and ready to learn and get involve in the larger PPAG activities
• Have a place of abode in Accra, since the office is located in Accra.
• Be between the ages of 18 – 24.
• Be a paid-up YAM member for a minimum of 2 years.
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters
with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), in a single file including two referees and cell phone numbers to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
Closing Date: 30th November, 2020.
|Job Category||Non-Executive Position|