VACANCY: PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
The Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG), an NGO and a member of the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF), and a leading provider of Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) education and services, hereby invites result-oriented and committed persons to apply for the following vacant positions to be filled in the Association.
POSITION: PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
DIRECTLY REPORT TO: SERVICE DELIVERY MANAGER
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Serve as the facility head
• Provide routine patient consultation on minor ailments, reviewing detention and admitted
cases on ward rounds and Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) issues including Family
Planning counseling, HIV/AIDS management and treatment of STI’s and Post Abortion Care
• Provide SRHR education/information to patients and clients
• Ensure the effective overall running of the Clinic
• Manage emergency clinical cases.
• Assist in providing curative and preventive health services in the clinic.
• Ensure the efficient use of clinical equipment and resources
• Prepare and follow an effective referral system, where necessary
• Refer cases to the appropriate facility, if necessary.
• Ensure that clinical reports are collated and submitted as required
• Collate and analyze service statistics to improve service delivery and programmes
• Ensure effective infection control in the clinic and adhering to quality of care (QoC)
• Supervise and ensure the effective implementation of SBCC activities in the clinic and the
• Ensure that staff provide effective and efficient clinical services and service delivery
• Ensure that clients and providers rights are adhered to
• Liaise with other nurses and midwives to ensure that clinical standards are adhered to
• Attend meetings and training programmes as required
• Prepare Annual Work Plan and Performance Appraisal
• Performs any other related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
A degree in Physician Assistantship or any other higher related field with a minimum of five (5)
years relevant working experience, 3 of which must be in a managerial or administrative
position. Having additional qualification in Mental, General or Midwifery Nursing is an added
OTHER QUALITIES & REQUIREMENTS
The applicant; –
▪ Very good interpersonal, communication, report writing and presentation skills
▪ Must be honest, transparent and reliable
▪ Must be friendly and accommodative
▪ High sense of responsibility, humour, be judgmental and able to take initiatives
▪ Must be a team player
▪ Must be able to work for long hours and under pressure
▪ Ability to travel at short notices
How to Apply
All interested persons with requisite qualification(s), should kindly send their Application Letters
with a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), in 1 File including two referees and cell phone numbers to:
Only shortlisted applicants will be shortlisted for an interview.
Closing Date: 30th November, 2022.